Thursday 21 November 2013

Do You Have Sensitive Skin?





Your skin is extremely important and so it should be looked after with the utmost care. I have very sensitive skin and have found that some cleansers and make- up removers give me an allergic reaction, like Simple's eye make- up remover pads. 

Luckily I don't suffer from acne, but I do get the odd 1 or 2 spots. In an ideal world we wouldn't get any, a girl can dream! But the least we can do is try and help reduce spots we get and keep our skin healthy and refreshed looking! 

I haven't had an allergic reaction in over 2 years and I put it down to the day I changed my cleanser and moisturiser to La Roche- Posay. Their products don't contain any nasty ingredients that can harm your skin. It has changed my skin for the better. 

Most days I wear a full face of make up, so I needed to change to a good cleanser and moisturiser and one which didn't give me an allergic reaction. The day I changed to La Roche- Posay I actually had a reaction on my face. I hadn't been wearing any make up for a couple of days but the reaction had only cleared slightly and it was getting me down. I was recommended to use La Roche- Posay Physiological Cleansing Gel, which retails around €15.25 (check your local chemists) and also their Toleriane Ultra Intense Soothing Care, around €18.50.

After 1/ 2 days using both products I noticed a huge improvement. They leave your skin feeling clean and fresh and applying my make up has become easier and applies more evenly. I use both products twice a day, in the morning and then again in the evening before bed. 

Both products are soap-free, alcohol-free, colorant-free and paraben-free. They are perfect for ultra sensitive or allergic skin. La Roche- Posay have a huge variety of products available, including make- up for sensitive skin.

Recently I began using their new Hydreane BB Creme in the colour light, around €18 . I use it after I moisturise and before I apply my foundation. It really evens out my skin tone and I know that it's not damaging my skin which is great! and it has an SPF 20. It's also perfect for during the day if you don't want to wear a full face of make- up as it gives a subtle glow to your skin.

Hope this helps you fellow sensitive and allergic skin sufferers and that you'll be on your way to healthy, calmed and refreshed skin in no time!






6 comments:

  1. I've never try the brand La roche posey but i recommend you the brand Avéne if your skin is sensitive ;) I've got a lot of product of this brand and i love it :)
    xxx Laura
    http://neverwithoutmylipstick.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it! I've never heard of Avene but I'll check it out :)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I love the effaclar duo & the moisturiser for oily skin was lovely too- I might look into getting a cleanser from them! xo

    www.beautyandlifestylediary.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cleanser is really good for taking off make- up, and it removes waterproof make- up too which is great! x

      Delete
  3. Great post !

    Also love the BB cream and all their other products :)

    Happy Weekend,

    Greetings from London,

    chrissabella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete